What if I told you that the best way to accomplish your goals or dreams is to let go and be flexible with your strategy.
I know that at first glance this seems crazy, but stick with me. My brilliant guest, Megan Hyatt Miller, the Chief Operating Officer at Michael Hyatt & Company and the creator of the Bold line of the Full Focus Planner, has a sound approach to achieving your dreams without the pressure of controlling every single step.
Now, you know me, and you know that this approach makes me squirm a bit (Hi, my name is Amy, and I’m type A!) but once Megan gave me a little more context around this idea, I started to understand how this approach can actually be extremely effective -- especially for entrepreneurs.
Here’s a sneak peek of what Megan and I talked about…
- A strategy for getting crystal clear on your goals (clearer than you’ve ever been -- trust me!).
- How to find a balance between trusting the process and being flexible with your strategy, versus being too lax and never accomplishing anything. (Nobody wants that!)
- How to get rid of your mile-long to-do list and identify your daily “Big 3” which will set you up to move you closer to your goal every single day. (Say goodbye to feeling defeated by your laundry list of tasks at the end of the day.)
- Why it’s necessary to slow down and celebrate your accomplishments… big or small.
Check out some of the highlights from this episode...
- [04:24] I adore this woman! Megan is a mom of five kiddos and the COO at Michael Hyatt & Company. And get this, she only works 35 hours per week. This allows her to accomplish her goal of winning at work and succeeding in life.
- [10:42] You set a goal, create a strategy, and then life happens! You've probably been there. The issue is that most people get stuck in their strategy and can't move forward when things don't align with their plan. Ebb and flow with your goal and give yourself the freedom to do whatever is necessary to get back on track.
- [13:13] There's a difference between aspirations and actionable goals. Did you know that? Actionable goals have a deadline. Do you have aspirations or actionable goals?
- [15:54] If your goal doesn't feel a little risky, then let's be honest, it's probably set a little too low. Step out of your comfort zone at first so that you can create a new comfort zone.
- [19:27] Listen, it's normal for things to not always work out. So, please, don't end up doubting yourself and giving up if this happens. Instead, give yourself time to tweak and refine your strategy and don't lose sight of your goal.
- [23:55] The Full Focus Planner prompts you to select your "Daily Big 3" -- which my whole team loves! These are three things you accomplish every day -- things that drive results. Ask yourself, "What are the three most important actions that will drive your goal or business forward?"
- [32:06] Here's my challenge for you, actually take the time to celebrate when you accomplish something. Especially if you have a team! Always acknowledge your accomplishments and have gratitude.
- [36:49] Winning looks different for everyone. Take the time to identify why winning looks like for you. Get creative and don't be afraid to ask for help.
I know you’re going to absolutely love this interview as much as I did.
Here’s what to do next, check out the episode, subscribe to the Online Marketing Made Easy podcast, and then head to our private Facebook community to your Daily Big 3 for today!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. And, your review might even make it onto an episode (how fun!) so be sure to leave a review and listen for it in my upcoming listener spotlights. Thank you!
Links mentioned in this episode: