The title says it all.
This is an episode, I definitely didn’t want to record… at first! But then I got to thinking, and I knew that sharing this experience with you, and being vulnerable was only going to help and benefit you and your business in the long run.
Here’s what happened. I got an email from a student who was disappointed in my newest product and made sure I knew that she was not impressed.
And you know what, it hurt. It really hurt.
But after I took a step back, I realized that there are five things that I need to commit to in order to move my business forward, stand up for what I believe in, and block out those who don’t agree with me.
Here’s a snapshot of those five things…
Those who have achieved more than me will never judge me for wanting more.
Sometimes things are going to get tough -- that’s just the nature of being an entrepreneur. So, I must commit to having thicker skin.
I create my own thoughts and no one can hurt me. I’m in charge of what I think and feel… period.
I’ll never let an individual’s opinion dictate how I feel or how I do business.
I am here to stay.
This episode was tough for me, so I want to thank you for allowing me to share my heart.
Here’s a breakdown of the episode…
- [02:50] As entrepreneurs, we’ll always have people on the internet who disagree with our life or business goals — we have to ignore them. However, it’s a little different when you hear negative feedback from a student, and that’s exactly what happened to me.
- [03:37] During my recent membership site launch, a past student wrote in to share her opinion of what I was doing and, let’s just say, it wasn’t very positive.
- [05:39] Receiving something like this from a student of mine stung. In the moment, I recorded a response to her to let her know why I created my newest product and why I believe in it so deeply.
- [11:59] It’s important to remember that someone who has achieved more than you will never judge you for wanting more.
- [14:20] Sometimes things are going to get rocky and feel really uncomfortable. You've got to have thicker skin!
- [15:19] Because you create your own thoughts and feelings, no one can hurt you. Always keep in mind that you are in charge of what I think and what you feel.
- [17:25] At the end of the day, no matter who disagrees with what I’m doing, I am here to stay! Tell yourself that during hard times when building your online business.